Sunday, February 17, 2008

Good News

Things are going quite well.
On the job front I had a staff interview (where the staff at the office interviewed me) for the Rabbi Lerner assistant job. They asked me about my experience, about how I would handle certain things I would have to do, like with organizing, office work and such. I think it went quite well. They tried to impress upon me the difficulty of the job and the fact that it is emotionally draining. They wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting into, which I appreciate. But I think I can handle it.
The staff was really nice and I can tell that it would be a wonderful place to work. They made me feel pretty at home. At the end of the interview Rabbit Lerner said that he would let me know by Monday or Tuesday whether I got the job or not, and that I was the lead contender. I am pretty happy about that. I just hope I get the job.

On the election front, Obama is doing really well. He is 100 delegates ahead in pledged delegates, and if you take superdelegates into account, than he is still 50-ish ahead. Plus the news says he is fund-raising twice as much as Clinton. I hope he can keep it up. I do not believe that John McCain would be able to beat Clinton or Obama, so if he wins the primary, then he will become president.

Kosovo is independent, which is also pretty good news.

And finally the Democrats in the House of Representatives finally gained the courage to stand up against Bush on giving immunity to the Telecom industry for warrentless wiretapping.

Yes, all in all, this has been a very good week.

No comments: